Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day Four - I feel like either a drug addict or an old woman

My desk is covered in bottles of medication. Everyday I get up and take my little round blue pill, my little oval white pill, my big round white pill, and my big oval pink pill*. I thought so much medication wasn't necessary unless you were old and decrepit, or a druggie needing to get their fix however they must. I am neither.

At night I take both the little round blue pill and the big round white one again. Last night I took two big oval blue ones as well.

Sounds pretty bad without knowing what they are, doesn't it? I hope I don't have to do this the rest of my life. Taking so many pills every day makes me feel so broken and helpless.

* Little round blue pill = Inderal, for migraines and anxiety; little oval white pill = Adipex; big round white pill = Metformin; big oval pink pill = prenatal vitamin; big oval blue pill = Nyquil

No comments:

Post a Comment